Monday, June 05, 2006

No chickens were harmed in the making of this pic


Sunday chicken dinner at Capt's house. It was really good. I got a fresh chicken at the only food store around, and I am starting to make some friends there. I stuffed the bird with lemon wedges, kosher salt, pepper, half a bulb of garlic and lots of rosemary. Then I put some peeled Idaho potatoes around, drizzled some extra virgin olive oil around and popped it in a 500 degree oven.....then immediately turned in down to 350. I forgot to take a pic of it when it was done, but it looked great.

I had gotten up early yesterday morning and drove up to CT and made it in time for 10:45 Sunday Church service. Capt was engaged in chemical warfare practices all weekend so when he got home at 5:00 dinner was ready and he was surprised. He was planning on taking me out to an Italian restaurant, but staying at home was even nicer. We shared some Ben & Jerrys Cherry Garcia after dinner.

As some of you bloggreaders know, I had left my camera in CT. Now that I have my camera back, do I really have to take a picture of myself as soon as I wake up? (That was a challenge some fellow bloggers gave me last week) I sorta look like this chicken anyway, pale, wrinkly, eewwwww. I don't want to scare you all now. You have been warned.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Bravo on this poultry feast. One day I too shall try this thing people do called coooking with fire on these things they call stoves. OK, I do some cooking. But not like my children deserve. Another reason I want my house. I may actually do a feast like yours! But I won't be brave enough to take a picture.