Friday, September 05, 2008

Today if my Father-in-Law's 71st Birthday.....Happy Birthday Dad.

My husband and I have written and sent out all of our wedding thank you notes weeks ago, yet there is one more to write, my father-in-law's. Every time I start to write it, I don't even know where begin. He has been so generous, so helpful, so supportive, always there when we need him, always praying for us and making us laugh.

There aren't any proper words to use in writing the note that even come close to how grateful we are for him - and all he's done for our wedding.

All I have so far is 'Dear Dad'.......

So the card sits on my dresser and stares at me, daring me to finish.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

He sounds like a wonderful man. Happy birthday to him! The words will come.

Cheryl said...

Why don't you send him a copy of your post...

RR Mama said...

Happy birthday FIL! Thanks for the comment. I really wish I had a mud room. That would be a dream.

Nadine said...

Sometimes its hard to put into words the feelings of the heart.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Happy Birthday to your FIL. I have a hard time knowing what to write to people too. Good luck!