Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Build a Better Mouse Trap and the World will Beat It's Way to Your Door.

I HATE mice.



There I said it.



They have hearts, lungs, kidneys, eyes, ears.....things that normal bugs and insects just don't have.



Lions and tigers have hearts, lungs, kidneys, eyes, ears and you don't see them breaking into your house sneaking around, scampering across your kitchen floor while you let out a blood-curdling scream which causes your loved ones to run to you expecting to see that you just accidentally cut a limb off- do you?



Because I live in a wetland area, white-footed deer mice enter the neighborhood houses around this time of the year to settle in for the cold winter.



Last year we hired a mouse expert to get rid of them.



For $300 he threw packets of poison in the attic and basement. He then proceeded to give us extensive medical and nutritional advice in a very low Southern accent for over an hour. If anything it was entertaining. And expensive. And unsolicited.



And when the mice died, they died in the walls, which smelled awful.



This year I'm taking a different, less expensive route....with plain old, run-of-the-mill, mouse traps.





One down.

Let this be a warning to all mice, Yew Nork Babe's got her game on!


5 comments:

Trailboss said...

EEK! I hate mice too! I have been known to literally stand on a chair and scream.

Carole Burant said...

I've never had a mouse in the house but I have them in the vegetable garden and what I do is put peanut butter on a mouse trap and that gets them every time! lol xoxo

Nadine said...

I hate mice too! There we both said it. We are not alone. I think their highest purpose is to feed snakes - but that proves a point - who needs snakes! Yuck on both counts.

I hope you stay mice free.

The Farmer Files said...

Hysterical. I had the heebie jeebies yesterday when we were at the pet store and my kids were enthralled with mice and rats. Ew ew ew.

MotherT said...

My grandson just finished watching "Mouse Hunt" for the first time. He may have some hints on how to catch those mice! lol

'Course he also raised 3 rats. One is still living and she is almost 6 yrs. old.