Monday, September 22, 2008

How it all went....

I just got back from my 'date' with Peggy. Her and her family just moved from NY last month. She had so many questions about this little town. I've only lived here 9 months, but since I work in the center of town, I was able to explain some.

This town is so different than NY......it is quaint, down-to-earth , friendly and just plain lovely in so many ways.....and so not on the pulse of fashion and trends. And if you need to purchase something from a store, plan on at least an hour adventure because there is nothing close by. Nothing.

But if you are into coyotes, deer, beaver, hawks, chipmunks, heron, bear, AND LOTS OF MICE, then you are living in the right place.

We met for lunch at a local restaurant, a restaurant where George Washington once ate at, and didn't stop talking until I took out my cellphone and realized that it was 2:30pm! Peggy had to be home at 2:20 to get her teenage daughter off the bus. (Her backpack is very heavy and she has to walk 1/2 mile from the bus stop uphill to her house.)


And for someone from NY, where everything you want is a few steps away, that's a long way!


I really enjoyed our lunch and I hope that the next time we get together it will be as easy as today was.

6 comments:

MotherT said...

I'm glad your lunch date went so well!! Isn't it funny how you connect with someone and you can just talk for hours while it seems like just a few minutes passed??

Building a new friendship is hard work. But it pays such beautiful dividends.

Dawn said...

I just discovered your blog. It's great! I am glad to hear that you are making friends in your new home. We, too, have recently moved to a much smaller town, slower pace and we don't know anyone here. I homeschool my 4 children and so far, all the ladies in my neighborhood work all day. I will keep you in my prayers that this friendship takes off and leads to more friendships.

nancygrayce said...

I thrilled it went well!!! We all need a good friend. I hope your friendship continues to grow!

Dawn said...

Yay for new friendship. What a blessing. What an amazing transition you to have made!

Carole Burant said...

See, and now you must be wondering why you were so nervous:-) I'm so glad to hear that your lunch with Peggy went so well...I think a friendship has been born:-) xoxo

RR Mama said...

Glad lunch was great! Thanks for the prayers and comments. I appreciate them.