Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Can I Get An Amen?????

One of my single Christian girlfriends and I were chatting yesterday. We were discussing Christian dating and our experiences.

She’s been dating a Christian political for a few weeks. They went on 5 dates so far.

Last Saturday he invited her over for lunch to his house. When lunch was prepared he asked if it would be okay if he said grace. “That would be nice”, she responded.

And as he gently held her hands, he prayed something like this, “Thank you Father for Susan, blah, blah, blah. Thank you for sending Susan into my life, blah, blah, blah. Bless this new relationship with Susan”. Then he asked if she’d like to pray too.

“Sure - Lord, bless Karen too, ‘cause that’s my name. Amen”.

[They talked over lunch and decided that due to the fact that he was actively dating 5 other women at the same time, and had no intention of focusing on her, it wouldn’t be such a good idea to continue.]

8 comments:

someone else said...

Oh.My.Word!! Does it get any worse than that??

Nadine said...

Oh my...that's just awful. I pray your friend Karen finds a good man who will appreciate her and love the Lord.

rena said...

The noive of that guy!!!!

Monica said...

LOL! Oh, that's a riot! :-D Well, Lord, thank you for making that abundantly clear to Karen!

Gonna be shaking my head for the rest of the day.

Monica said...

Now that I'm thinking about it, she ought to submit that to Reader's Digest and get something for her trouble!

Dawn said...

That absolutely made my day!

Looney Mom™ said...

That is sad. What a monkey. Karen can surely do better. And yes AMEN!

Lala's world said...

oh man.....how horrible! good thing she found out after 5 dates and not 50 though!