Thursday, August 31, 2006

Favors

Last Friday (when I made the spaghetti dinner), my sister came over with one of her new foster children, Symone. Symone is 15 years old. She has been staying with my sister for 2 weeks. Everything out of Symone's mouth was Mariah Carey this and Mariah Carey that. Then she delighted us with a few Mariah Carey songs. She has a beautiful voice. She belted out, "Did You Ever Know You're My Hero" with perfect pitch and range. Needless to say, Symone adores Mariah Carey and wants to be like her when she grows up.

Today I was talking with one of my clients who loves me (at his wedding reception, he dedicated the first song to me....and his bride didn't even mind). His wife happens to work for Mariah Carey as well as a few other celebrities...she travels with them. Said client has agreed to speak with Mariah Carey and ask her to give something special to Symone....(and PookieBear since she loves Mariah too).

I hate asking clients, especially high profile ones, for favors. But a foster kid whose life, at best, is filled with dysfunction? I just had to. And it would make me feel so much better about it if it really happens.

Every child should see their dreams come true, especially children who have the misfortune to be born to parents who just don't want them enough, like Symone. Hopefully Mariah Carey does acknowlege Symone in some small way. I will keep you updated.

5 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

Wow! That would be something! I do hope she gets to meet Mariah. I think these celebs forget that they're still just people too.

Theresa said...

Wow Liz, I was hoping for maybe a personalized autographed photo for the girls, but an actual meeting? That's just too wonderful to hope for.

OhTheJoys said...

You are so great to do that for her!

Monica said...

You are sooo cool to do that! It's gotta work out. How likely is that you say, "I LOVE Mariah Carey" in the presence of someone who can actually try to make something happen so you can connect? It's gotta happen! Can't wait to find out.

Anonymous said...

Tourists are not allowed to enter into the . [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Tote Bags[/url] By seeding torrents your machine will be used so that others can torrent from you. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose outerwear[/url] Mmykccdzu
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora charm[/url] Rkaocepxq [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] ozxdsyzei