Thursday, October 02, 2008

M is for Meme

Yesterday I was tagged by RR Mama for a meme.

If you haven’t read her blog you should go over there right now and check out the pictures of the damage to her home from Hurricane Ike.

Go ahead. I’ll wait.

So, here are the rules:

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you.
3. link back to this parent post.
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all.
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them.

Here is how blogging has affected me…

1. Friends -

By now youz (NY for Y’all) must be sick and tired of me talking about my relocating from NY to CT together with the ‘empty nest syndrome’, so this is the last post on all of that.

I can’t promise, but it will be my goal.

During this past year it has been the encouragement, prayers and kind words of wisdom from my blogging friends that has gotten me through some of the most difficult times of my life.

I have talked on the phone with some of these friends, emailed some and IM’d a few. I’d love to meet some over a cup of coffee, or Pepsi someday.

It has been a comfort to know that I have many friends in the blogging world that I can meet with each morning while I drink my morning Pepsi (lots of ice and a lemon wedge). And you all accept me for that.

2. Vulnerability-

One of my biggest issues in life used to be letting myself be vulnerable.

If I can’t be vulnerable, no one really understands me….my self-erected walls don’t break down….no one can get too close to me.

Reading other blogs, especially Christian Women Blogs, and seeing that other women are opening up and discussing things like depression, anxiety, loss of spouses, loss of children, etc. has given my more courage to express who I really am. And not only to other bloggers, but also to my other-than-internet life.

I may not be able to always relate to the exact problems that are being posted, but I am able to relate to having hidden fears, secrets and concerns.

I have learned that bringing out the things that are hidden into the light takes the darkness away.

Whenever someone shares about their problems, I admire them, pray for them and look more closely at myself.

I cannot thank you enough for that gift.

3. Focus-

My life gets CRAZY sometimes. Having two younger children again that have been brought up in a different time, different environment, with two parents who co-parent together makes my head spin sometimes.

My step-son can be a handful sometimes and knowing what to do and how much to do is confusing for me. And although I love them both with all my heart, it can get absolutely CRAZY around here.

Having the ability to go sit alone with my laptop and go down my blogroll helps me to pull myself together, get my faith up and running faster and helps me focus on my new family again.

4. Sharing-

One of the biggest things that I love about blogging….and I know that this is kind of selfish….is that when I do something that I am proud of, like making a gourmet meal or an amazing pie, or my wedding, I can post pictures and get all you to ooohhh and ahhh over them. I just love compliments.

5. Confidence

For all the reasons mentioned above, blogging has given me more confidence in who I am in God’s eyes, in my husband’s eyes and in my children’s eyes. And it has given me confidence in being the unique person I am.

Enough said.

I am going to tag:
My Home Sweet Home Newly added to my blogroll
Insight to Lala's World -just because she's so busy and probably needs a break from her busy life right now.
Looney Bin 4 Sure - just because I said so.
The Farmer Files Newly added to my blogroll.
Fordy Days and Nights Newly added to my blogroll.

Thanks. I hope you don't mind being tagged. And thanks to my new blog friend RRMama.

3 comments:

RR Mama said...

I love learning more about my new friends!

The Farmer Files said...

I drink Diet Coke with ice in the mornings. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! You're going to think I'm a super speed-demon, because I had already done it. :-)

Here's the link.