Monday, October 20, 2008

Why Leaving the Toilet Seat Open Might be a Good Thing.

6:00 am Saturday Morning:

Pookie, age 13: "Theresa, first of all I want you to know that I am totally serious, okay?"

YewNorkBabe, age 49 and holding: "Okay, what's up?"

Pookie: "Really, really, really, I'm not kidding about this."

YNB: "Okay, just tell me."

Pookie: "There is a dead mouse in my bathroom toilet."

*silence*

Pookie: "Theresa, what should I do?"

*silence* as Theresa tries very hard not to take an emotional decline.

Pookie: "Theresa are you okay?" (She knows how freaked out I get about rodents, especially when they are in our house.)

YNB: "Just go wake your father and tell him that a mouse committed suicide in the toilet."

I heard laughter and then a flush.

It seems that all our neighbors are getting mice in their houses. They seem so matter-of-fact about it. I, on the other hand, am ready to move to another house.

I am not handling this well.

Even though I am strongly against hypnotism, I am seriously thinking about getting hypnotized into thinking that mice are cute or something.

I wonder if there are hypnotists that do that sort of thing.

6 comments:

Nadine said...

That's funny, but I totally understand how you feel. I hate rodents and don't understand why they exist. Really to feed snakes? See my point exactly.

Karen said...

We get them every single fall. There is nothing we can do to prevent it. My house is surrounded by a field and the field mice get chilly and want to come inside.

No big deal really....we catch 3 or 4 a year and that is it. I am not scared of them at all.

RR Mama said...

I with you, pack and move...fast! I hate mice or any other creature like that.

RR Mama said...

Ok can't type today, I meant to say I'm with you. See the mice thing freaked me out already.

MotherT said...

I love the laugh and flush!!! Very simple, very easy!!!

Personally, I can deal with mice much better than spiders! Right now, we've been having spiders moving inside! YUCKKKK!!!!!

BTW, I tagged you on my blog.

someone else said...

I'm quite certain my reactions would be the same as yours. Ugh!