Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why I Should Have Stayed in Bed

Wednesdays are my day off. A day to catch up on the laundry, cleaning and errands.

Yesterday I planned on going to the dentist to have him put back the crown that fell out before my wedding, then get my nails done (finally), then go for a routine check up and then go get a few things from the grocery store.

The dentist's office was interesting. He told me that because I had waited 3 months to come in, my teeth shifted and the crown no longer fit. He used a diamond head drill and made it fit, but before he permanently cemented it in he tried it out first. When he saw that it did indeed fit he tested to see if dental floss would fit between the neighboring teeth.

That's when I heard him shout, "OH NO!!!!".

The crown had catapulted down my throat as he pried the floss out.

However, I saved the day by sitting up quickly and coughing the thing up.

Dainty, yes, I know.

Immediately from there I went to get my nails done. After an hour of the most detailed and exact laying on of nails I've ever experienced, the nail technician managed to get her whole hand glued to a metal aerosol bottle.

I took a long time for the other nail technician to remove it.

There was a lot of laughing going on, so she really was fine.

So what was supposed to be an hour at the nail salon actually took 2 1/2 hours.

But I'm not complaining because - I HAVE NICE LOOKING NAILS AGAIN!!!!

5 comments:

RR Mama said...

A beautiful smile and great nails, who care that you almost choked on a tooth and the nail tech glued her hand! But that does sound like something that would happen to me!

someone else said...

That's worth at least an afternoon nap! Too funny.

(I'm very glad you weren't harmed by that tooth!!)

The Farmer Files said...

YIKES I am so afraid for my dental appt Friday!! Spooky on halloween!

nancygrayce said...

You see, there's another reason for my dentist phobia! I'm so glad you were able to "choke" it back up.....just think of having another impression ....oh, I'm shaking! Glad you nails are beautiful!

Beachy Mimi said...

New nails make me happy, too. Since I've got a dentist appt. tomorrow, I'll practice my tongue-deflecting-the-crown moves.