Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Underwear that's fun to wear

Mom, Dad and Hunter the Dog left this morning to go back to South Carolina.

As we were all saying our goodbyes Mom, in an attempt at lightening up the emotional situation, announced to no one in particular:

"Don't crinkle up your underwear."

Dead silence.

We all just looked at each other.

Even the dogs tilted their heads sideways in bewilderment.

[Hmmmmmm. Don't crinkle up your underwear. What is Mom trying to say?]

"Mom, do you mean, 'Don't get your panties in a wad?'", I ask.

"Yeah, that's it! Ha Ha Ha. ", she laughs.

The words of wisdom I have learned from my mother constantly astounds me.

5 comments:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

You have to love moms and their helpful comments!

That ranks right up there with "Always wear clean underwear, you never know when you are going to be in a wreck." I'm thinking if I am in a wreck, the last thing I am going to be worried about is my underwear! Then again......

OhTheJoys said...

I'm going to teach my Granny to say that! Ha!

Dawn said...

That is hilarious!!

Regarding the previous post, my mom and dad moved away from us right after we were married. I wonder if they felt that way. We're tempted to move away from ours!

rena said...

Oh that is so cute! Have to remember that one.
As for unconfusing you...nope, the log house is my sister's..the photos you saw on Lala's blog are from when she and her family came up to visit my sis on Easter Sunday..Lala and my sis live about an hour apart. Nice place eh?

PS...love the new profile pic of you getting doubled smacked by, I assume your sons?

Theresa said...

mugwumpmom - yes those are my sons. and yes, that log cabin is beautiful.