Friday, April 06, 2007

Hurry Up & Wait

The past year has been a whirlwind. More so this past month.

There have been numerous road blocks in my attempt to sell my house and now there is only two more left: A C.O. for the garage conversion and the lifting of the violation. I hired a company today to finish up the process, it’s just taking up too much of my time and energy.

I have had to learn a lot about patience. About waiting. About timing. I have a tendency to want what I want and just go for it. A 'life is too short' attitude.....that has gotten me in trouble and played a huge part in me making poor decisions in my past. I don’t want that in this case. I want to move to Connecticut so that I can be in a more affordable place, in a house that doesn’t need major work and to be near Capt and his wonderful family. So I ‘m trying to take each step carefully, thoughtfully and timely.

I want the rest of my life to start now. And to start on a solid foundation.

The packing is mostly done. The boxes are lined up in my livingroom and dining room. All that is left to do is to pack up the everyday stuff the last few days. My closing on my house is scheduled for May 4th! The closing on my house in CT is May 9th! I still don’t know what I’m going to do about my job yet, but there are so many changes happening at once that I just want the perfect job to fall into my lap. I will be commuting back and forth until then, staying over friend’s and families’ homes during the week.

I’m amazed that I’m doing this because the only place I’ve ever lived was Long Island.

And yet, I’m excited and scared at the same time.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

I pray that the final pieces come into place for you and that rest of the process is smooth sailing. I also pray that your new adventure will be a blessing for you.

Dawn said...

Such exciting things ahead. How far from New Haven will you be? That is where Kevin's life was changed. He and I have finally finished Part 5 of his journey.

Looney Mom™ said...

Impatient? You? Nah! LOL! So I was just wondering: Are you going to have to change the name of your blog when you finally move to CT? Or you can just add "at heart" to your title or something. Hmmm...

OhTheJoys said...

I'm impatient too. All that stuff about "enjoy the journey"?? Pah!