Monday, July 17, 2006

Random Vacation Thoughts

I'm having a great vacation here in CT. Lot's of stuff to do. We went to Gillette Castle yesterday and learned a lot about him and his life. Then we took a ferry across the Connecticut River. I took lots of pictures, but forgot the cable that uploads them on to my laptop.

Today we took Em to Bridgeport to meet her mom so she could take the ferry back to Long Island. She had a blast.

Vacation Bible School is a big hit. Boy and PookieBear had a great time and can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm glad that they are learning more about Christ. Boy asks me to pray with him at night. We always pray that his mind gets clearer and focused and that he dreams with Jesus. I was apprehensive about watching him by myself because of his anxiety, but it is working out wonderfully. I'm loving this.

My daughter Jen called me this morning. She was looking at condos to buy all weekend and finally realized why I am getting so stressed out about having our house in showroom condition everyday. She is finally seeing how a home must be presented to a potential buyer in order for them to see their own stuff in it. Now she gets why I go ballistic every time she leaves a glass, plate, towel, etc in her room. So she apologized and told me that she is working on chalking her shower and getting her room more presentable. Let's see how that plays out.

PookieBear wants to do a post here tomorrow, so everyone leave a comment for her so she can see how much fun this is...thanks!

It's bedtime here so I have to go. Hope you are all enjoying this week too.

5 comments:

rena said...

That was a good object for your daughter. Glad you're having a great time. Enjoy the balance of your vacation. I hear on the news out here that it's really hot back there. Not too hot I hope.

Jerry Novick said...

have Jenn buy my place and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Lala's world said...

hey thanks for the comment on my blog!

I just went thru all this with showing the house! and I have 4 little girls ages 4-12......now that was fun ... NOT....glad it is over but now comes another fun part.......packing!! oh man will I be glad when this is all over!

Looney Mom™ said...

How fun! Enjoy your vacation.

BTW, I sent you an email...

Seeker said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you.
I am so waiting for that washer/dryer that folds the clothes and puts 'em away....
Happy vacation.