Sunday, September 10, 2006

Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding-It's a British Thang

So the evil plan of serving Heinz Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding at my brother's barbeque went down like this:

Here it is out of the can and microwaved...looks good, a little spongy, there are lots of raisins (must be the reason it's called spotted dick), smells yummy. Who shall we get to eat it first?
Aha, the baby, he eats everything, if he survives, we're next.

So far he's still breathing and smiling and looking cute with cousin Jen.
But wait, what's this, he's putting on his shades and acting all "tough guy". He then starts sing rap music.

Grandma says, "Hey, I'm down wit dat, let me try some" And
Grandma likes it. Then she starts break dancing.
My turn, tastes like carrot cake with graham crackers, very sweet though.
Aunt Mindi likes it too.

Jen says, "I can't believe I'm eating this"
Aunt Lynda and daughter Em try it too.


The texture was good, the taste was good but I found it to be too sweet for my liking. I was extremely surprised that it tasted as good as it did. But then again what could you expect from something with such a strange and intriguing name?

No comments: