Monday, September 25, 2006

Khutspe Mama

Mom just called me at work a few minutes ago.

My little Jewish, gray haired, post-Bloomingdale's shopper, just recovering from brain surgery due to a fall from her horse, sweet, wouldn't hurt a fly, Mom told me this story:

Mom: "Theresa, I have a great story for your blog".

(Hmmmmm, I didn't know Mom read my blog.)

YNB: "What happened Mom?"

Mom: "Yesterday me and Dad went to the stable so that he can go on a long ride with his friends (riding horses) so I stayed behind with two girls ages 11 and 12. One of the girls screams, 'Rose, come here and bring your gun there's a big snake'. So I run over with my 22 and start shooting at this huge snake with an orange head."

YNB: "Mom, Dad gave you your gun back?" (Okay, I only thought that.)

Mom: "I just kept shooting and shooting, but my gun is too small and it was hard to aim. But some man came by and killed it with a shovel. Now everyone here says I'm finally a true southerner." (They used to just call them "Damn Yankees".

There are a lot of obvious issues here that I can hash over but after everything we've been through with the accident and the surgeries and all the praying, right now all I can think of is, "Yeah, Mom's back".

And I'm feeling a little.......(sniff)...."Verklempt".

6 comments:

Lala's world said...

ok I love saying Verklempt...talks amongts yourselves.....Mike Meyers from SNL!! hehehe

ok does she really have a gun?

rena said...

Da lady's got some chutzpah! Hilarious story. Love it. Walk softly and carry a big gun..certainly bigger n a 22...still giggling

Jerry Novick said...

Your dad gave your mom her gun back?

Did he give her bullets also?

Theresa said...

YES PEOPLE, MOM REALLY HAS HER GUN AND BULLETS BACK!

ATTN: SOUTH CAROLINA - WATCH YOUR STEP, ROSALIE IS PACKIN'!

Dawn said...

I love it!!

Looney Mom™ said...

Now THAT would be a sight to behold... wow!