Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It's Come to This

So, Pookie gets her cellphone taken away since this past Monday because she hasn't turned in 8 math assignments. She also got her laptop taken away, but she can handle that.

Pookie texts ALL DAY LONG. I mean she texts when she is walking, talking, in the car, at the movies, ALL THE TIME!!!! She has unlimited texts on her phone and takes full advantage of that.

These past couple of days have been rough, she has been going through terrible withdrawals. She's been in tears, pleading, begging, praying, trying mind control on her dad....she even made up all the missing work and has been doing extra chores to get her cellphone back....to no avail.

Capt is being strong and not giving in because he wants her to learn her a lesson on prioritizing her school work. I'm in agreement, the constant texting is OUT OF CONTROL.

But when I just walked into the dining room what I found was quite disturbing:

Pookie using a calculator , frantically and aimlessly texting away.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

This obsession will most likely end up in the DSM book of mental illnesses one of these days soon. I wish texting had never been invented. Truly!

Dijea said...

I seriously thing the reason for all the ADD is the constant stimulation. Good for you guys for taking the phone away.

CocoDivaDog said...

Stick to your guns.
I know this is easier said than done.
She will thank you later.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I laughed until I cried. Was she just "staying in practice" so she wouldn't loose any of her texting speed when the phone is returned?

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Hmmm - clearly some kind of line has bee crossed here. Tell me she didn't receive any replies!