Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The New Generation of Fashion Police

I woke up this morning, made some cornbread and left for the gym.

When I got back I ate, took my shower and got dressed.

I put on a nice brown skirt, brown sweater, stockings and brown boots. I was feeling all together.

When I walked out of the bedroom all ready for work my 3 year old nephew, who just learned how to talk in complete sentences, stopped me in my tracks.

"You wearin’ THAT Aunt Terri?" he asked me as he squinted his eyes at me and held his hand up towards my face.

"Yes, is this outfit a problem?" "Does it not work?" "Should I change?" I asked him.

"Yes, no like it Aunt Terri", he said as if he was the fashion police, "Change!"

I’m pretty sure I’ve just experienced one of the most insulting moments, yet funny moments of my life from a 3 year old boy.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

There's nothing like the honesty of a 3 year old! I love it.

Nadine said...

The fashion police is getting younger all the time. Too funny.

nancygrayce said...

If it makes you feel any better, my husband says that all the time. I'll come out dressed to go somewhere and he'll say "is that what you're wearing?" I mean, I usually don't do dress rehearsals!