Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm A Party Animal!

Okay, for the second night in a row I tried to stay awake long enough to watch the show that everyone is watching, American Idol. I just wanna be cool like you.

The first night I struggled and struggled but managed to watch 15 minutes until my eyes shut for good and sleep encompassed me. I didn't even have the ability to remove my eyeglasses first....or remove my makeup....or brush my teeth. It's times like these that I'm glad to not have a husband, lest he see me in this condition and run as fast as he can in the opposite direction.

Last night I had a brilliant idea and asked my son Dave to sit on my bed and watch it with me thereby killing two birds with one stone: I could spend some one on one time with him before he moves out next week and he could keep me from fading away into a coma before let's say 8:30pm.

Again, I didn't get ready for bed first, I just sat there with him in the same clothes I went to work with.

When I woke up at 4am, my usual time, I had my glasses on, my work clothes, my makeup on and my tv blasting.

What happened? I don't remember. I remember only seeing a few contestants. Where did my son go and why did he leave me like that? I don't know.

All I know is this: I am hopeless! I cannot stay awake past 8:30pm EVER!

Next I'll be eating supper at 4pm, calling everyone, "Sonny" as I shuffle along with my walker with those tennis balls on the bottoms.

6 comments:

come dine with me said...

As long as you don't start calling me 'Sonny' everything will be okay!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with that. You just have a different schedule!

someone else said...

I can just imagine it. It sounds like it could be a sketch for a Maxine cartoon. You're too funny.

AI has been disappointing so far, so don't feel like you're missing anything. When they get narrowed down to the final 24, it gets more interesting.

yerdoingitwrong said...

You are missing nothing! It's pretty brutal in this phase anyway. I feel sorry for most of the contestants. BUT, you need a DVR or a TIVO. Then you can record everything and watch it on a Sat or Sun at your leisure. I watch nothing when it's actually on anymore!

Theresa said...

Mofongoman: I promise never, ever to call you 'Sonny'! (this is Capt's dad who's going to turn 70 in September and is still young),

Yellow Mama: thank you for the encouragemet.

Morning Glory: Thank you. I've never seen a Maxine cartoon, where can I find one?

Yerdoingitwrong: The funny thing is, I only get 10 channels, half of which are in Spanish and two of which are shopping channels. When I move one of the first things I'm going to do is get a big cable or satelite package and a Tivo or DVR so I can start joining the 21st century already.

Looney Mom™ said...

We love AI! I would have partied with you. On the bright side you were already ready for work! Hee hee. You are a riot!