Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A New Day



Today marks the 6th anniversary since of the downfall of my marriage. The 9/11 attack on our country, in our state, was too much for my former husband to handle emotionally and spiritually, so he made choices that destroyed our marriage.

I’ll never understand addictions...it just doesn’t make any sense.

To take my mind off of the looming 9/11day of depression that takes over NY each year, last night, on a whim, I took a belly dancing class.









First I asked if I’d have to show my belly. When the belly dancer instructor said "not if you don’t want to" I knew then that taking the class would be easier for me.

My belly showing days are WAY over.

So I shimmed, shook, bumped my hips and ran around in circles with a scarf flowing gently behind me with 12 other women.




We looked so HOT. And we got a good workout. And some good laughs.

When we all packed up to leave, the women all commented on how much they were going to ‘enjoy’ their husbands tonight after all the sensual movements we just learned.

That is NOT what I needed to hear.

Yet still, I’m getting more and more used to this single life of mine and am finding more contentment in this place that God has me in.

And that is all that really matters.

And I understand and pray for the people that have been effected by the 9/11 attack in ways that only they know and comprehend, like me.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

This is a doubly sad day for you. I am sorry. Addictions don't make sense, that is for sure. They are Satan's playground.

Glad you found a way to think about something else!

someone else said...

I'm so sorry for the double whammy that this day brings for you.

The dance class sounds like a real hoot!

Looney Mom™ said...

That is a sad day to remember for you then. So sorry.

I can just imagine you - little firecracker that you are - doing the belly class. TOO cute! I'm so glad you did it. Maybe I should take some kind of class just to get away from the kids for a while AND to get back in shape. I miss me.

I love you sister. Thank you so much for your prayers for my family during our time of grieving. Take it easy!

Lala's world said...

I hope you had a good day, and was able to reflect on how far you have come and how much you have grown! you are such a great example!
God Bless you!