Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Thing That Feels Like Home

The furniture I ordered got delivered to my house in CT on Tuesday. A dining room table, chairs, china cabinet, leather couch, leather coffee table/ottoman, leather chair and ottoman.

My sister was there to let them in.

I drove up after work to see it. 3 hours and 15 minutes later I arrived. Rush hour traffic.

Then I left at 5:15am to get to work by 9am.

Crazy, I know.

It's the first time in a very long time that I bought new furniture. I gave away most of the old stuff before I moved. So I am very excited about it.

I can't wait to put all of my china in the china cabinet. It's all been sitting in boxes for months.

Tomorrow I travel back home for an extended weekend since the Fourth of July is on Wednesday.

I'm planning on unpacking all of my dining room boxes and setting up all of my girly tea sets.

And finally, it will feel like home.

3 comments:

Jerry Novick said...

Get a new job!

Monica said...

Oh I hope I get to see it one day! I am already thinking, Ms. Theresa, so get ready! The kids are gone in August and hubby and I are free! There is a vacation planned in the midst, but maybe, just maybe... ;-)

rena said...

That commute is awful!
Would love to see some pics when you get it all done!